Irish Boxty (Crispy Fried Potato Cakes)
1. Set half of the potatoes aside for later. Peel and cut remaining potatoes into large chunks; place in a saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes and set the bowl aside.
3. Now peel and grate reserved potatoes. Stir them into the mashed potatoes.
4. Add onion, flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in milk and egg to form a batter.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop batter from a tablespoon into the hot oil.
6. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Drain on a paper towel.
8. Transfer to your serving dish and serve with applesauce and sour cream. Bet you can't eat just one!