|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Before you begin mixing the batter, go ahead and measure and set out all of the ingredients. This recipe moves quickly, so it’s important to have everything prepped and ready to go in advance!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sea salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat. Add in the chocolate and whisk until it melted and combined.
- Meanwhile, as the butter/chocolate mixture is heating, combine the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, using a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate mixture until it is just combined. Add in the dry mixture, again using a rubber spatula to fold it in until just combined. (Avoid over-mixing.)
- Quickly, use a large 3-tablespoon cookie scoop or a spoon to drop the batter in balls onto your prepared baking sheet, spaced at least two inches apart. (The batter will spread significantly as the cookies bake.) Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Immediately transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of the cookies are crinkled and slightly domed. (They will flatten and crinkle a bit more once you remove them from the oven.) Remove cookies from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire baking rack to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy! Or transfer to a sealed container and keep for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
1 cup all-purpose flour1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder1 teaspoon baking powder1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt7 ounces chopped dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips1/2 cup unsalted butter2/3 cup packed brown sugar1/2 cup granulated sugar2 large eggsoptional: flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
There are no comments for this recipe.
These chocolate brownie cookies are everything you love about a good, fudgy, crinkly brownie…in a cookie!